April 2, 2011 at 8:23 am | Featured | No comment
National Robotics Week 2011
The second annual National Robotics Week will be April 9-17, 2011.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the inaugural National Robotics Week in 2010! We celebrated with over 50 affiliated events in 21 states, DC, and Puerto Rico. Over 46,000 people participated, including over 22,000 K-12 students.
The purpose of National Robotics Week is to:
- Celebrate the US as a leader in robotics technology development
- Educate the public about how robotics technology impacts society, both now and in the future
- Advocate for increased funding for robotics technology research and development
- Inspire students of all ages to pursue careers in robotics and other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math-related fields
Why is robotics important?
- Robotics technology is a growing industry which creates high-tech jobs in the US
- Robotics technologies are helping to improve healthcare, national defense, homeland security, energy, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, agriculture, education, consumer goods, and many other sectors
- Robotics provides an exciting, hands-on way for students to learn Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
More Info here